PALS is the name for the special needs ministry at Connection Church. We provide Sunday School classes for adults and children (ages 5+) with disabilities. Currently, we have two separate ministries – adults and children – that meet during the 11:15 am service.
Our Adult class meets in Room 103 following worship in the auditorium and uses Christian curriculum designed for special needs adults.
The Children’s class meets in the Kidz Connection area. They remain in the large children’s room during worship, then move to one of the classrooms for a small group environment.
The PALS children’s class uses the same curriculum as the rest of the children.
It is our goal to:
- Provide a safe, secure and loving environment adapted to the special needs of each individual
- Help individuals with disabilities and their families feel welcome and accepted at our church
- Enable the parents to feel comfortable leaving their child in the PALS class, so that they can attend the service
- Share Christ with people who have disabilities and introduce them to a personal relationship with God
- Establish this ministry to serve as a witness to the community for meeting the spiritual and social needs of those with disabilities
- Allow the fullest possible participation in the life of the church to special needs kids and their families
One of the greatest aspects of Jesus Christ’s ministry on earth was His outreach to children and to people who had disabilities. They were at the forefront of what happened in the Gospels. Through these individuals, God showed His great love and compassion. We are to follow our Lord’s footsteps in reaching out to people who have disabilities.
“Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in the poor, crippled, the blind and the lame.”
For more info click here.